Sunday, August 9, 2009

touche

We were driving home from the gym and then the boys were headed for a sleep over at their friend Ashton's.  I launched into my motherly speech about how they were to behave while away from home.  Jake said "Mom, have we ever not been good when we stayed at someone's house?"  I said "Jake, have I ever not given you this talk before you went?"  He said "Touche Mom."

I laughed and told both boys how proud I was that they were such great little men.  After a pause Jake said "I just can't believe I got to use Touche correctly!  I've been waiting to say that for such a long time."

And that's just one of the many reasons I love him!

You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord.  You go before me and follow me.  You place your hand of blessing on my head. Psalms 139:4 and 5 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment