Saturday, August 29, 2009

off call - laundry baskets


   Here is a picture that pretty much sums up my life as a wife/ mother/resident/human at the moment.  And no, I'm not proud.  


I get ambitious on Sunday and do 5 loads of the boy's laundry.  I wait to put the clothes away until the last load gets done.  It never gets done.  Every morning I tip toe around the baskets at the foot of my bed.  Every day I plan to put the clothes away.  Every night I'm too tired.  The dirty clothes go in a basket behind the door.  When I wash them they get put on top of the clean clothes in the baskets at the foot of my bed.  Every morning we dig through the baskets to find the boys clothes for the day.  I considered selling the dressers upstairs due to neglect.  But that would take more work than putting the clothes away.  This Sunday I vow to break the cycle.  Oh wait.  I'm on call this Sunday.


Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.  Oh, give me back my joy again, you have broken me— now let me rejoice.  Psalms 51:7 and 8

2 comments:

  1. I'd give my eye teeth to help remedy this little challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious...yet profound. it must be symbolic of a deeper level of meaning. probably something from your childhood clawing to get out!

    ReplyDelete