Wednesday, August 12, 2009

told off

It was a tough day at the hospital for me and God.  

It started this morning when I headed toward a patient's room in the EC.  I greeted her husband and was pushing aside the curtain when she began to yell "shut the door Jim, you know I don't want anyone in here."  He yanked the door shut and I was out before I even got in.

Several hours, many visits and two deaths later... I was upstairs with a family when their father passed away.  Grief erupted.   One girl laid on the hospital floor, pounding it with her fists, screaming "why would you take him God? Why?  Why? Why?"  Another woman rocked back and forth in her chair crying "Not my daddy, God, not my daddy."

I'm sure it's not the first time He has gotten a good cussing out at this hospital.  One quick glance at the Psalms and the Gospels remind me that He has taken some pretty harsh criticism. Sometimes even getting kicked out before He actually got in.

Made me want to give Him a hug.

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"  which means, My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Mark 15:34 NIV

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to write a book with some of these very real life scenarios. This one was a great example of how raw we all are when in pain. Oh...I am having some great ideas for this! Talk to me about it. Don't want to write them here because someone may steal them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if we don't steal them, Jenn, we might just pretend they never happened! thanks for being on the journey with Erin...

    ReplyDelete