Tuesday, August 11, 2009

evaluations

The good news - we spent the whole day out of the hospital.  All eleven of us "chaplains"  at a beautiful house on the lake with huge windows and comfy couches and fresh air. 
The not as good news - we spent the whole day presenting and listening to summer unit final evaluations.  Five pages of detailed questions times nine.  Lots of sharing and delving and explaining and defending.

It is strange to talk about my strengths and weaknesses, forces that have shaped my life and experiences that are molding my ministry, in one concentrated session.  It is reassuring to be that vulnerable and have people engaged with a nod and smile or a question and probe.

I saw myself in a part of every paper shared and my story in tears that were shed.  I find it difficult to believe that two months ago I did not know the ten people in the room.   I now sit so comfortably in their presence, with tears and laughter.  Such gifted, amazing individuals.  I am so enriched for knowing them this summer.

You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another.  Proverbs 27:17 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment