Wednesday, July 22, 2009

my hospital

Watching the news one morning, we heard about a person being rushed to the hospital I work at. Jake exclaimed "Mom, they are going to your hospital!"

My hospital! Where I go every day. Where I work. Where I pour my time and energy. Where I learn new skills and discuss new ideas. Where I am regaining a sense of identity.

Ownership is defined as "the exclusive right to enjoy, occupy and possess." I don't think Ingo A*** (hospital president) would grant me exclusive rights. But I am pretty sure he expects me to occupy... .and enjoy.

So yes. It is my hospital. My halls. My patients. My office. My emergency center. (did I just say that?) It's all mine! You are welcome to visit any time. What ever shape you are in!!

For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. Deuteronomy 7:6 NIV

1 comment: