Saturday, July 11, 2009

let me count the ways......

In Love Actually Bill Nighy repeatedly croons "Love is all around us, it's every where I go".   I've been struck by so many different expressions of love in the last couple weeks.
*A dad thumping his boy's shoulder on the way to surgery.  "You'll be fine.  You can do it.  You are a tough boy."              Over and over again.
*A daughter tucking a blanket around her mother in a hospital bed.
*A mom and dad hovered over an incubator in NICU day after day.
*A young man pacing back and forth across a waiting room.
*A text message from my mom saying "just let us know you made it to work safely."
*Yummy lunches made for the little boys I won't see for 11 whole hours.    
*The prayer whispered in my ear, for a good day, early this morning.
I'm looking!

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are.  1 John 3:1

1 comment: