Saturday, July 4, 2009

first on call

OK!  This was the night that would make or break me.  When I would see if I really was up for anything.  Where I would scorn the need for sleep.  And jump at every beep.  When not even 3 motorcycle wrecks could decompose me. When I would learn where to stand during a trauma, how to get to Neuro ICU, and where to be when the helicopter lands. At the end of this night MVA and GSW would roll off my tongue.  At the end of this night I could look anyone in the eye and say "I'm Erin, the chaplain."

"I will rejoice because of the Lord; I will be happy because of the God who delivers me. The sovereign Lord is my source of strength. He gives me the agility of a deer; he enables me to negotiate the rugged terrain. Habakkuk 3:18-19 NET

thanks mom for this verse.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment