Saturday, July 4, 2009

midas nightmares

I don't mind charting every single visit I make once.  I get the importance of that for the hospital.  It helps me realize how many people I have interacted with - even the ones who blew me off.  BUT we have to chart everything twice! (three times if it is a trauma). Once for the hospital, once for the chaplain records.  It takes hours.  If the office is quiet, and I am awake I can get into a pretty good grove.  IF.  Usually I mess up and start over, and stand up to clear my head, and rush to finish so I can leave.  And now I'm charting in my sleep.  There is no rest for the weary.

Last night, Josh woke me up around 2:00 to tell me he was "having bad thoughts".  I walked him to his bed, listening to the nightmare he had just had.  It was scary!  We laid down and talked about what fun things he could think about, then I prayed with him.

I crawled back into bed and as I was falling asleep, I dreamed I was charting.  "conversation with son, prayed with son. Enter."

You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.  You know everything I do.  Psalms 139:3 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment