Wednesday, July 29, 2009

broken

My little Ipod is loaded with good songs to take me down the mountain and back.  This one is a favorite right now.  It soothes my soul.  And it speaks a message I want to give to the patients I interact with.  There is usually a lot going on with us that doesn't show up on MRI's or Xrays.

Here, in the words of the great poet and philosopher Jon Bon Jovi,  is "Everybody's Broken".

Welcome to the party. Come on in and disappear. You're feeling like a stranger. But all your friends are here. Little lines and cracks. Around your eyes and mouth. Something's trying to get in.  Something's trying to get out. 

It's ok, to be a little broken. Everybody's broken, in this life. It's ok, to feel a little broken.  Everybody's broken, you're alright. It's just life.

Step into the deep end. Make yourself at home. When you wonder why you're breathing. Know you're not alone. It's so hard to believe. It's easier to doubt. You're trying to hold in. But you're dying to scream out.

Take a look around. Tell me what you see.  Is who you think you are. Who you want to be.

It's ok to be a little broken. Everybody's broken. In this life. It's ok to feel a little broken. Everybody's broken, you're alright. It's alright, it's just life.

A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoldering wick He will not snuff out. In faithfulness He will bring forth justice.  Isaiah 42:3 NIV

thanks to Bill H for teaching me this verse and to Slavik and Irina for reminding me of it in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment