Tuesday, November 3, 2009

white robes


     In Style, Glamour, People, Vogue - they all talk about the essential little black dress.  That important wardrobe staple that makes you look great, thin, sexy, fun.  It is a must for every fashionable woman.
     I've noticed a distinct lack of literature or advertising on the big, white lab jacket.  The big, white lab jacket is the exact opposite of the little black dress.  It is not flattering.  It envelops you from your neck to your knees.  It is not sexy.  It gets you labeled as "the bearer of bad news" and "the angel of death". 
     The big, white lab jacket is a nice barrier to possible germs from those we sit with, and the tears and snot of those we hug.  But I never think longingly about it, or hope for an occasion to wear it.  The only "must have" about this garment is a "I must have this washed now."
     I'm thinking that maybe God might need to come up with a different enticement for eternity-spanning clothing.  Right now one year of this white robe is all I can take.


After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.  Revelation 7:9 NIV

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! so true! Usually my first comment when I get "home" is "wash this thing!"

    ReplyDelete