Saturday, October 24, 2009

mood swings


Just a slice of on call emotions.  Trust me, it will be more than enough.


16:40     Joking with Cathie.  I'm laughing.
17:50     I finish 3 stroke assessments and charting.  I'm pleased with my efficiency.
18:20     In the on call room with my lap top.  I'm hopeful.
18:45     On the phone with my 3 men.  I'm  thankful and loved.
19:00     I watch 3 minutes of Entertainment Tonight.  I'm bored.  
19:10     Pager goes off.  I'm reluctant.
19:12     Pager goes off again.  I'm a bit overwhelmed.
19:15     I enter a major care room.  Two adults are leaning over their father.  He is dying as I walk in.  They grab my hands and beg me to pray him out.  I'm praying and crying and so sad.
19:50     I am sitting in the chest pain waiting room.  I'm trying to be sympathetic, but I'm really irritated at the girl in the "bitchology" tshirt and the woman wailing "don't leave me gammy."
20:35     Another page.  I'm relieved there's a trauma so I can leave.
21:05     Another page.  I'm tired of being a chaplain.
21:52     I'm impatient.  Not going to say why cause it's so unchaplain of me.
22:20     I'm tired.  I'm lonely.  I can't wait to be by myself in my room.  I'm worried about the night.  I'm grateful.  I'm tired.

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin.  Hebrews 4:15  NIV

2 comments:

  1. .........and you are human, you are awesome, you are precious and you are so loved! M2

    ReplyDelete
  2. gives me a mood swing just reading this one...is this what PMS is like?!

    ReplyDelete