Saturday, February 27, 2010

wonder full

Recently I was sitting at Urban Burrito, eating a bonehead salad with two friends.  I was telling them about a trauma I had attended that morning.  One of the women, (not naming any names, Barb) began to laugh at me.  "I can't believe you are being so matter of fact about such an injury.  Who are you?  You have gotten so jaded."


I thought about that later.  I have seen a lot.  And I'm doing better at taking it all in stride.  But I still get paged and wonder if I will be able to stomach what's on the other side of it.  And I still leave a ministry experience feeling awed that I got to be a part of it.  So maybe not too jaded yet.


Today my family and I flew to California.  Everything about flying is excitement to the boys.  Riding the tram from long term parking.  Wow!  Taking your shoes off to go through security.  Wow!  Being greeted by the pilot.  Wow!  Each boy getting a single window seat in our tiny tin can of a plane. Wow!  Steve and I showed them how to lean their seats back and put their tray tables down.  Wow! Mom, look, our own desks!  (We are such genius parent travelers.) 


The boys had wide eyes as they chose Sprite - yes please! and accepted pretzels - thank you!.  And across the aisle Steve and I beamed at our big boys, with their back packs and window views, full of joy and anticipation.


There is still plenty of wonder to be had in this world.  And today I got to enjoy a bunch of it. Wow!


Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.  Psalm 40:5

5 comments:

  1. I hope I never cease to be awed--even if it is just through the eyes of my kiddos, which is pretty amazing. Juliet, last weekend, was also in love with her "desk" on the plane--ha!

    Safe travels on your way back to NC--and we want to see you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is wonderful, but what does the first part have to do with the second. Writing posts like this I'm starting to think you've become a bit...what's the word...jaded.

    Be safe coming back, we miss you around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To become as a little child or a big child like my grandsons!

    ReplyDelete