Wednesday, October 6, 2010

plan B

Our team met this morning to synchronize our care plans for our patients today.  Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers,  and Chaplains.  This quote was read to the group.

Life is all about how you handle plan B.


We realized that being in hospice was never plan A for any of our patients.  But here they are.  How will they handle it?

Someone next to me whispered "Plan B?  I think I'm on Plan Q!"  I had to laugh.  I'm a long ways from plan A myself.

But that little quote has given me lots to think about.  Life is unpredictable and uncontrollable.  Things happen.  To everyone.  How well do I roll with the changes?  How open am I to learning from my mistakes and moving on?  How can I do better at making the best of a situation?

Life is all about how you handle plan B.

2 comments:

  1. Will you B on my team whilst rolling with the changes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Vicki's response! I think life on this planet is all about Plan B's. Certainly does keep us a continous stretch to adjust! Happy Plan B day! M6

    ReplyDelete