Friday, July 16, 2010

measurements

Yesterday two of my patients in Neuro ICU were transfered to step down floors.  Their families were both thrilled that their loved ones were healing.  A change for the better!

A patient I had been visiting at the hospice house was dicharged.  She had improved and able to return home. A charge for the better!

Today our group spent hours around a table reading our mid term evaluations.  We answered questions about what we have learned so far about ourselves, our theology, our pastoring and our classmates.  After thirteen months of Clinical Pastoral Education I reflected on how my views of God have expanded,  how my emotional availibility is growing, and how I am learning to be more comfortable in the dark spaces of life.  Though I feel very sure of these changes, it was gratifying to hear them affirmed and expounded on by my teachers and classmates.  More change for the better!

I love this quote by George Bernard Shaw.  It speaks to recognizing growth.

"The only man I know who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measurements anew each time he sees me. The rest go on with their old measurements and expect me to fit them."

May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.  2 Peter 1:2

2 comments:

  1. all these new ones are great posts. by reading them you make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can go 3 months without exercising, but as soon as I take one jog I feel like I am back heading in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete