Monday, June 13, 2011

small



It is a ritual.  Every weekday morning at 7 I tune into the Today show.  In the first five minutes I can hear the headlines, gaze at Matt Lauer and get caught up on the world's events before I start my day.  I've gotten familiar with Matt, Meredith, Ann and Al, -their voices, their humor, their strengths.  They are my crew.   I like being with them in the morning.


And now Meredith is gone.  Not sure exactly what it was 
about her that spoke to me.  Maybe that her inner beauty radiated out onto her face. Maybe her unique combination of goofiness and sincerity.  Maybe that she seemed so real as she laughed, cried, reported and teased.  


It's not the same now.  I still look and listen for her as I get used to the new configuration.  I loved what Matt said about her on her last day.  Something like this -


We have all talked about your talent, your warmth, your generosity,  and your humor.  Bottom line is this.  We've marveled over the fact that with someone who's got talent as large as yours, how small your ego is.  You've taught us how to be a great team mates.


What a beautiful complement!  I think of all the ways I want to be "just like Meredith when I grow up" those words are at the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment